Friday, February 8, 2019

When Anger Kills

Hello

Anger is a very strong emotion. Anger in itself is not a bad thing. It is an emotion like so many others we have. But if anger is not handled appropriately, if it is not managed well, it can be destructive to life, limb, hopes, dreams, and opportunities. The terrorism we experience in the world is the result of anger. People who do not have negotiation skills and/or power, turn their anger into destruction. This same type of response occurs in relationships and families.

I have had car accidents, missed job opportunities, lost friends and lovers due to anger. My anger murdered some of my chances for success in those situations and relationships. What important thing has your anger killed?

For reasons that will eventually be revealed, I had little contact with my youngest son while he grew up. It was my prayer that we would reconnect when he got older. To my surprise, many years ago, he called me out of the blue. I was not expecting it. At the time, I did not know it was him. He sounded just like his father on the phone and I was still angry at his father. When I heard that voice, the anger and disgust I felt for his father spewed from my words and tone.

It was a devasting event because my son turned me off . It was his last real effort to build a bridge and I let my anger destroy it. Be careful what power you give your anger. It may not be worth the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment